Thursday, March 10, 2011

Finding My Focus

Dear Diary,

No wait, this isn't my private journal!  (I don't even have one of those)  But this is where I will share my life and my journey towards finding my focus.


My life revolves around my wonderful husband (who also happens to be my best friend), and our son (who is the cutest little boy in the whole world!)  I want to be the best wife and mommy I can be, but sometimes I lose my focus.  Well, maybe not so much lose it as ignore it.  And not that I ever ignore the fact that I'm a wife or mom, I just don't always make the wisest choices on how to be the best I can be.  I suppose that makes me normal, but why be normal?

My life also revolves around being a Christian.  Or rather, it should.  But I tend to lose my focus there a lot.  Not that I ever forget that I'm Saved by Grace and Jesus Loves Me (this I know...), because believe me, I know Who Holds the Future and He gives me the Peace that passeth all understanding no matter what I'm going through.  Not that I don't ever get stressed and start to worry, because I do, but I am learning to be content.  Notice I said learning.  I'm not there yet.  I sometimes find days go by (sometimes lots of days...) where I have done nothing to strengthen my faith, I haven't renewed my mind with the Word of God.  I am not focused on the things of God.

I know this may sound like an odd way to find my focus, by starting a blog, but I felt inspired to give it a try.  I don't have a focus for what I will write about and share from my heart, and I imagine it will end up being somewhat random at times, because, well, I am not focused, (have I used that word enough yet?) but I'm pretty sure it won't be too boring.

I will end tonight's post with part of a song by my favorite singer/artist, Sara Groves:
I'm not trying to judge you. That's not my job. I am just a seeker too, in search of God.  Somewhere somehow this subject became taboo. I have no other way to communicate to you. This is all that I am. This is all that I have.

I would like to share with you what makes me complete. I don't claim to have found the Truth, but I know it has found me. The only thing that isn't meaningless to me is Jesus Christ and the way he set me free. This is all that I have. This is all that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment